Saturday, April 22, 2006

Beach Bummed in Bora

These are from March, but it took me forever to post these photos from Boracay (a combination of procrastination and slow upload speeds). Summer is still in full swing here, so I suppose it's still relevant to post about the Philippines' most popular summer getaway.

It was my first trip there, and it was a bit of a surprise to find staples of Manila's urban jungle, like Andok's Lechon Manok, a Mongkok franchise, the Bite Club burger grill, and an Ice Monster, all in and around a mall on the island. My favorite photos have none of these places in the frame, if only to give a sense of Boracay before its apparently inevitable commercialization.








1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Gerry,

the snaps are very beautiful. Esp I liked the one with kid and the man, I just bought D50 and know very little about photography, I tried taking such snaps with different settings. Can you let me know what settings and what camera did u use?
Many thanks and keep posting more...would love to check ur collection