Friday, April 21, 2006

Sticky Note: Travelling (Without Moving)

[ "Sticky Notes" are my way of pointing to posts on the same subject. I will continually update every Sticky Note with whatever I post that has any relation. Why? I am just that obsessed. ]

I began carrying a camera around as a tourist, no doubt like many others. I would come to a place I have never been, and coming back from that place, people would like to know what it was like. I was compelled to shoot what I saw that words cannot describe.

I have found, though, that making photographs out of scenes is a lot like turning words into stories. Without deliberate intent aided by technical familiarity and effective composition, I could not deliver my "message" in the way that I wanted.

In this way, travel photography gave me my start and pushed me to learn how to shoot seriously.

On these pages are places I've seen through a lens:


Click a link and take a trip!

No comments: